A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 8 September 2018

From Camera to Paint and Paper.


During my recent visit to West Wales we visited, amongst other places, Picton Castle and Gardens, and the Teifi Marshes Wildlife Centre in Cardigan. Both beautiful in their own ways, and full of some great photographic opportunities.


I have included some of these photos, alongside my ink and watercolour painting that they inspired.





Once completed, I have folded the strip into four sections, so that what I now have is a concertina card that is easy to display.



I love the raindrops on the flower petals, although I found it too hard to recreate on my painting! More practice needed I think!








This moth was resting in a hedge during the day. Not a very good photo, as the moth, which I think could be a Brimstone moth, was a brighter yellow than it appears above.


These cards are more of a personal reminder to me of places I have visited, and things I have seen. A sort of visual diary I suppose, and certainly not intended as an accurate account of insects, birds and plants and their habitat, hence the moth resting on the yellow dahlia!

Thanks again for stopping by, and just to let you know that I've added a link to a new website that will interest those of you who are artists. Lucy is a very good friend of mine, and an amazing artist and teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!