A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 5 August 2018

More Moths and Winged Things.


After mark making and printing with paint on both sides of a large sheet of heavy weight cartridge paper, I decided to tear it into smaller sheets and  stitch it into a book. This has given me some interesting surfaces to draw, paint and collage  more moths, butterflies and other winged things onto.


I quite like the fact that with some of the watercolour paints, the marks from the pages can be seen shining through, giving extra visual interest.


I cut around the wings of the moth above, to give a 3D effect when the page is open, rather like some of the children's books do.






There are some rather lovely printable vintage images of moths and butterflies online which I have collaged onto a few of the pages.


This project seems to be evolving as I go along, I haven't really planned it in any way, but really, it's been a case of finding something creative to do during all this heat! (I'm also fascinated by insects, especially moths!)



More pages to work into still, so I will be adding those in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!