A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 14 March 2019

Postcards and decorated train tickets.




Five postcards made for an exhibition of postcards at the DC1 Gallery and Cafe in Seaside, Eastbourne from the 4th April 2019 for three weeks. Click on the above link for more info.


Two have been painted, inspired by the underneath construction of the pier, and three more are a combination of appliqued and quilted fabric, with added paint for colour.





Below is an idea I've started to think about recently. I seem to have collected quite a few train tickets, so I've decided to see if I can decorate them in some way to make into a tiny book. After painting the back and front, I'm now considering adding some caricatures of the many passengers I observe on my journeys.




Conversations can be fun to listen into to, or not, especially when trying to concentrate on reading!


And then there are always those nodding dozers!!

Thanks for joining me yet again, and watch this space for any further developments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!