A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 11 September 2018

My walk along the seafront on Sunday.


This sketch shows some of what I saw, and photographed as I walked along the seafront on Sunday. The sea cabbage on the shore was absolutely covered in cabbage white butterflies, and the cormorant decided to show off for me by spreading its wings in the sunshine. The Jackdaws are always scavenging for titbits at Holywell Cafe, where I stopped off to enjoy a coffee before walking back.


The flowers and grasses that grow along the side of the promenade also give plenty of texture, and is yet another habitat for birds and insects above the beach. It's lovely to have the seafront, shingle beach and sea birds on one side, with the contrast of trees, shrubs and plants on the other.


The full panel will eventually be folded into a concertina card, giving four panels. I need to get some good photos first though, before the fold lines start to show.

I've been wondering about printing some of these images onto cloth and adding stitch, but I think that may be taking things too far. However, I like the idea of recording places I visit using cloth and stitch, so an idea for me to be thinking about for a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!