A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 11 January 2015

Done!


Done! I decided that this didn't need a crow after all, it stands alone as a mandala type piece, so I finished it off today, and I'm now planning my next piece. I've included a few close-up shots below, and you can probably see that it's really quite rough, the edges of the fabric are fraying, but it is the look I wanted.




I spent the rest of today making a few more stamps, and also had a go at cutting a lino type print of my robin. I think I need to buy some better cutting tools, but I did enjoy doing it, and tested out my stamps a few times as you can see from the photos below.





Finally, I made some experimental stamps from the clay that needs a 15 minute bake in a low oven. It is very lightweight, and easy to roll out and takes a good impression from whatever is pressed into the surface. I also thought I'd have a go at making some jewellery to see what it turns out like. It can be painted and varnished, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Here's wishing you all a peaceful and creative week.



3 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee,,, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the finished piece. It didn't need the crow. Nice experiments with the stamps and the clay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caz and Maggi. I have been busy Caz, but I also feel in need of some outside inspiration, so I'm off to the Egon Schiele exhibition tomorrow, NOT that I'm planning on producing any textile nudes!! I also plan to try and focus on making a few more stamps Maggi, they are so much more satisfying than using commercially bought ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!