A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Taking a break!


After four days of struggle, albeit enjoyable struggle, I decided to take a break today! 


These photos are hopefully self explanatory.


Above, some of my own hand made stamps, and above that, a selection of gelli prints I made today, combined with my stamps.







These were all printed onto pieces of recycled white sheeting, using acrylic paint mixed with with acrylic textile medium.

It felt good to just mindlessly roll paint, arrange leaves onto my gelli plate, and stamp with my old faithful stamps!

I feel a few postcards in the making , and then, dare I say it, shshhh! a return of the (crow) 

5 comments:

  1. I love making my own stamps. I have quite a collection too now. Leaves are great to do too.

    I have a gelli plate (which I won in a giveaway!! I never win anything!!), and really should give it another go, but my go to bit of kit for printing is usually a bit of trusty old plastic.

    These are great - as you say wonderful for postcards but also incorporating into other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! Even photos of the printing blocks would make fabulous postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hilary, I do enjoy using my own stamps, so I think I must make more...and soon.

    Thanks too Angela, it hadn't occurred to me to use the actual stamps, photographed for some cards....something else to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely results. Using your own stamps makes the work uniquely yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Maggi, and yes, I agree totally!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!