A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 5 January 2015

Responding to JOYFUL inspiration.


I just love the work of Hundertwasser, and a good friend who knows this about me gave me the gift of a daily 'flip over' calender of his artworks. Straight away, I decided that for each new project I embark on this year, I would first look at the image of the day, and see if I could glean an idea or a starting point from his wonderful abstracted landscapes with their wonderful colours and linear designs. At the same time, I have also been pondering the new theme that we in Kairos, have set ourselves for the next few months, which is the word, 'Moods'. Our last theme word was 'Birdsong', and I still feel that I have some mileage left to explore there too, so I have decided that I can maybe combine the two together.

Maybe you can see now where this is all going, because the image from my Hundertwasser calender for Saturday was the one you see above, and I immediately thought of a bird's nest, all those wonderful spiralling lines, with the egg shape in the bottom left!


The two images that I have produced over the last two days are experimental. I have really enjoyed playing with ideas, but I've cheated with the crow, by tracing off one of my previous birds. I think it looks tired here, so I need to rethink the bird design.




I may decide to play around with another idea from today's calender image, but again, it will involve a crow, and lots of lovely colour. Once I have a few more ideas worked out, I can decide which ones are worth pursuing, but I'm feeling very enthusiastic and inspired at the moment, so I hope I can keep the momentum going

Oh, and the 'Mood'? Well with all the lovely colours, and promise of new life, I think it has to be 'JOY'


2 comments:

  1. What a good idea to use the calendar to kickstart your creativity. You've made such a good job with both backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi, I did another one today, but it still isn't quite right! I'll keep trying though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!