A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Those pesky crows!


I've now spent the last four days working on this 'Hundertwasser inspired background' theme for my crows, but somehow as soon as I add those pesky birds, it all seems to go wrong! I like this background, but the crow? those egg shapes?........Naaa!! Not working, and there is too much stitching on the crows to unpick them all. I may have to put them away for a week or two, and then rethink what to do. In the meantime, I think I'll go onto my next inspiring Hundertwasser image, and see what I can do with that!

Hope you're all having as much fun as I am!

5 comments:

  1. I love your Hunderwasser background Cath. Would one of your dark crows work better? I'm sure you will work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, I think maybe after a break from this particular idea, an idea will come to me. I did try a dark crow in my previous post, I thought it looked tired but I think that could be because it was traced from a previous one. I won't give up though, well, not yet anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May be knock the bright colour of the crow back a bit with some paints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background in this. Maybe the crow is too static and obvious. Would a flying crow in some kind of sheer integrate it better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hilary and Maggi, I've given it a rest for today, but I think my previous crows, like the ones I made for my last four JQ's worked well because I painted them straight onto the background before stitching, and worked the background and the crows all as one piece. I think I'm going to do the same for this, and I agree that the crow needs to be dark, and maybe looking a bit more active! I think these have been looking how I've been feeling after the Christmas rush!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!