A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 7 February 2010

Results of overdyeing Sunday 7th Feb 2010

It was a difficult decision, deciding what colour to over-dye my fist nine fat quarters. The first colour was a mixture of royal blue and turquoise, in light, medium and dark. I did think about golden yellow which would have resulted in some greens going thru to blue/green and of course yellow and blue. Nice. Then again, I considered orange, giving me some interesting dirty greens, greygreens/blues and ofcourse orange and blue. Interesting. In the end I went for petrol blue with a small pinch of lemon yellow. As you can see this mixture has given me a range of teal blues, grey blues, very dark blue greys and ofcourse the original blues. I do quite like them, but I think I was playing a bit too safe.

2 comments:

  1. But those colours will be so useful as a foil for the zazzier ones - love the subtlety!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!