A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 10 February 2010

My finished February Journal Quilt. After weaving and stitching down the woven strips, I embellished the surface by using some textural techniques. These included couching down embroidery threads, stitching rows 1/4" apart, then slashing through between the rows, free machine embroidery, sewing on beads, using puff paint, and finally binding the edges with the backing fabric, and leaving the edges raw to fray for extra texture.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way the binding works, it looks as though a piece of fabric has been torn away to reveal all the gems underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, sling it in the tumble drier for a few minutes and see the effect, be brave now....
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh and today I got a mini version of this. An ATC. Thanks Cath I am so lucky.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!