A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 10 February 2010

February JQ, The Making.

For February's JQ, I decided to tear up some strips of hand dyed fabric (I didn't particularly like it so thought it would be a good way to use it up!!) This was then woven together, some pale turqoise knitting wool included.
I finished weaving the strips, carefully placed the piece onto some batting and machined rows of stitching across and down to hold everything in place.                                                                     
Trimmed, ready to bind, I tried placing some snowflake sequins on the surface, but didn't like the effect so removed them.     I backed the quilt in white, bringing it to the front, and stitching down by machine, I          purposefully left a raw edge for extra texture.   I've also started to         embellish the surface to give a textured finish.                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!