A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 19 February 2010

Experimenting

I've been "playing" with my embellishing machine today, and produced this piece. I haven't used it that much lately, and really enjoyed just experimenting, and letting my intuition lead the way! I decided to make my Journal Quilt for March using a similar technique, but won't post a photo just yet. I'll wait until it goes onto the Yahoo cqg site next month.
I randomly meshed the pieces of fabric onto some white felt, and then outlined areas with either black or very dark grey wool. It does look a bit like stained glass, and when I held it up to the light, the colours really glowed. Maybe I will experiment further, and try to build up a simple image instead of just the random colours.                                                                                                                                            

4 comments:

  1. That is lovely Cath. Are you intending to add some stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggi, well I've added some more embellishment today, and I think I may do a bit more yet. I'll post a pic when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Cath, that is a fabulous piece of embellishing, whew, how long did that take you I wonder?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!