A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Brison's Veor, final post.


This last post is showing a mixture of random photos, including the sea and landscapes of Cape Cornwall, and the area around Priest's Cove. Also some sketchbook pages, and images from Tate St. Ives.


We visited the Kurt Jackson Foundation Gallery in st. Just, where we saw his exhibition 'Sea Crows'., and another by artist Denzil Forrester. Kurt Jackson lives in St. Just, and most of the work in this current exhibition has been inspired by the Shags and Cormorants that inhabit Cape Cornwall. His work is full of energy, and seems to capture the light and moods of the area, I absolutely loved it all.

.
A steep climb up to the coastguard, and an even higher climb to the chimney from one of the tin mines to be found here.





The setting sun reflecting a pink glow on the white cottages, and opportunist gulls following a fishing boat




We did see a pod of dolphins one evening, but unfortunately I didn't have my camera handy at the time! However, I did just about manage to capture a shot of a sea lion, with a mouthful of his fishy supper, and two surfers paddling out to catch a wave.






Wonderful patterns and colours in the local granite and rocks.



We saw an exhibition by Patrick Heron in Tate St. Ives, and I particularly liked the piece below by Barbara Hepworth.



Just over the hill from where we were staying was this small ruin of the St. Helen's Oratory.








Random pages from my sketchbook.


Yet another from my collection of sunsets.


And finally, a 'selfie', from a reflection in the studio mirror. I hope these last 3 posts have given just a small flavour of our incredible week in this beautiful corner of Cornwall here in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!