A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

There and Back...(to see how far it is!!!)


I made this wall hanging of the solar system for our grandson for Christmas. He's three and a half, but loves to look at the night sky, the moon and the stars. This is something that he can enjoy now, and continue to do so as he gets older.


My second piece inspired by Hundertwasser above, I'm not so sure about this one, so may make changes at a later date.


I have also made another triptych similar to the first one I posted about before Christmas. This one was a belated Christmas gift for a friend.  I have shown the photo above of the three sections before they were stitched together, as they are easier to see, and below you can see them after they were hand stitched and ready to stand.



Thank you for reading, and I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I get up to most days!


4 comments:

  1. Jolly lovely! I really like the tryptich - what is the substrate? Is it hard or have you used something like pelmet vilene?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, finger slipped! I meant to ask if it is card not if it is hard !

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your comments, I have used 100% rag paper for the whole thing, and painted with acrylic paints applied from my gelli plate, embossed with an embossing folder, and then some gold acrylic paint lightly applied to catch the raised areas. I'm not sure why, but when paint is applied with the gelli plate, it seems to take on a different surface and texture than when it has been painted with a brush.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!