The background went well, but then I ruined it with the seagulls in the foreground. They are too large and very clumsily done. Hmmm! I decided to play around with it in photoshop to see if I could salvage anything from it!
Paint daubs, again, I quite liked the effects in the background and sky, but those pesky seagulls......
.......still no good, and this one looks like a very cold and damp day at the seaside!
The only way to get rid of at least three of them was to put them behind some rocks, but I'm still not convinced! Oh well, you can't win 'em all I suppose, but at least I tried!
This one seemed better, at least these gulls were more in proportion, although I'm still not over the moon!!
Couldn't resist having a play in photoshop with this one either, but again, the weather has changed...looks like a sea mist is coming in!!!
So, this afternoon I decided to forget the seagulls and make my JQ for July instead. This has gone much better, so my spirits are happier again. This is the third in the wedding rhyme, and is called 'Something Borrowed'. Our daughter borrowed one of my gold chains, so here it is, machine embroidered in gold thread, and surrounded by flowers with two butterflies appliqued and free machine quilted.
I think I will be taking a rest from the gulls during the next few days, but I may have a play around with more of the seascapes.
Thanks for reading, and please come back again soon.