A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Colour, colour and still more colour!



Beautiful red poppies against a blue summer sky. Taken two weeks ago in Dungeness.



I couldn't resist taking a photo of this stretch of tarmac! Hmmm, I feel a textile coming on!


Above and below, two photos from our visit this week to the Hampton Court Flower Show. We went to the preview evening which ended in a spectacular firework display.



Photos taken in our garden. Such lovely colours, and I love the Hydrangea with it's blue and purpley pink.



Above and below, two paper laminations that I've stitched this week. They started out as black and white photocopies of a textile I made a couple of years ago, laminated onto voile, painted, stitched and finished with a little colour from my Karisma pencils.


Finally, below is a small textile I have made inspired by a photo I took of a ruin with an old rusted window frame. I built up the textures on the fabric with paint and stitch, and then added the two Six Spotted Burnet moths.


A productive week, so I hope you have enjoyed my offerings!



4 comments:

  1. what wonderful pictures x I have to confess their is just something about poppies .. esp when seen against a blue sky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane, Yes I agree, I may have to try and make a textile from those poppies one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poppies look so dynamic against the blue sky. Love your small pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maggi, I've actually made a couple of small textiles of the poppies, and I may put them on here, but for some reason, they haven't photographed very well, and I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the strong contrast between the red and the blue! They look so much better in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!