A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 26 July 2014

Wings again, and yet more wings!


An orange tip butterfly, about to land on a cuckoo flower. Background fabric from part of an old skirt that belonged to my lovely Mum, and painted first with white gesso, and then some watercolour. butterfly and flowers raw edge applique, (and some paint!)


Another finished experimental piece for the birdsong challenge, this time the song thrush I photographed earlier in the year. I'm going to put these pieces together into a fabric concertina book, a bit like the set of collagraph boat images from Dungeness I made some time ago, here

I'm hoping to come up with an idea for a finished piece for this challenge, so plenty to be going on with in the meantime, and I'm quite enjoying making these explorative pieces, especially as I'm learning more about our local birds, their songs, and their habits.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely butterfly piece and your songbirds will look great in a concertina book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the butterfly piece. I really like your work, and read your blog all the time. But I don't comment nearly enough. Thank you for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! well thanks Caz, but please don't worry about how often you comment, it's always lovely to read any comments, but I don't expect them every time from the same readers. I certainly don't comment every time on the blogs I read, I'd never get anything else done otherwise!!! ha ha!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!