A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday, 12 July 2014

Colour, colour and still more colour!



Beautiful red poppies against a blue summer sky. Taken two weeks ago in Dungeness.



I couldn't resist taking a photo of this stretch of tarmac! Hmmm, I feel a textile coming on!


Above and below, two photos from our visit this week to the Hampton Court Flower Show. We went to the preview evening which ended in a spectacular firework display.



Photos taken in our garden. Such lovely colours, and I love the Hydrangea with it's blue and purpley pink.



Above and below, two paper laminations that I've stitched this week. They started out as black and white photocopies of a textile I made a couple of years ago, laminated onto voile, painted, stitched and finished with a little colour from my Karisma pencils.


Finally, below is a small textile I have made inspired by a photo I took of a ruin with an old rusted window frame. I built up the textures on the fabric with paint and stitch, and then added the two Six Spotted Burnet moths.


A productive week, so I hope you have enjoyed my offerings!