A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 21 October 2013

A Workshop with the Dorking Embroiderers' Guild

 

 

Above and below, all working very hard, either on their sewing machines, or on the 'wet' table.


Below, are photos of  'works in progress', and I was pleasantly surprised at the wide variety of outcomes, everyone had their own brilliant design ideas.


Abstract above, and a meadow full of butterflies below.



A couple of ladies even went outside to collect leaves for some leaf printing motifs, and very successful they were too!


A touch of Klimpt.


Bird in a meadow.


Another touch of Klimpt.


Beautiful butterfly.


I love these daisies.


Above and below, lots of hand stitching going on.



This image shows both the back and the front, and I think they are both equally beautiful in their own right.


I would like to thank the Ladies of the Dorking Embroiderers' Guild for making me feel so welcome, and at ease, (this was my first workshop ever!!!!)  It was such a pleasure to spend the day with them, and I hope that they were as pleased with their results as I was.






5 comments:

  1. lovely way to spend the day .. some very talented ladies there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, yes, a very talented, and very friendly bunch of ladies.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great day Cath, some fabulous pieces of work on their way by the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, it was a very enjoyable day, and I was so pleased it went well as it was my first workshop ever!

      Delete
  3. I really like the way that the results are so individual. Sign of a good class.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!