A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Autumn Colour......Everywhere!


A lovely collection of Autumn leaves collected during a bracing, windy but very pleasant walk in Oaks Park this morning.


My colours are rather more pink, but this is the cloth I produced with the leaves, using them as stencils and for printing.


A close-up.


I will be adding lots of stitch, and some applique, but I'm at the experimental, playing around with ideas stage here, and am wondering about some autumn funghi.


Above, some small painted sketches of the different varieties of funghi that can be found at this time of year. I quite liked the blue against the autumn colours, but still not sure yet.

 

And finally, I seem to have managed to 'autumn colour' my hands in the process! I took these photos after I'd given them a good scrub, so I hope it fades soon.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely collection of leaves and the printing has worked well. Don't worry about the colour, as long as it doesn't come off on the food when you are cooking there's no problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi, it still hasn't completely washed off my hands yet, so I'm hoping it means that it's definitely colourfast!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!