A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 28 October 2013

The Colours of Autumn.




My previous post showed the cloth I was making with printed and stenciled leaves. I divided it into two pieces, producing the above textile, and my November journal quilt,  fourth photo down. The added autumn fruits include Roundhead Blue funghi, conkers, acorns, holly berries, yew berries, blackberries and spindle berries, (unfortunately not very visible in this photo.) 


A couple of close-ups.



I've decided to call this journal quilt 'Frosted Leaves'

 

Two small 5"x5" pieces echoing the wheels and winches from the two pieces in my previous post.

I went for a walk this afternoon, and most of the leaves seem to have been blown from the trees in the gale force winds of the last 24 hours. Let's hope that we don't get any more weather like that for a few more years. Winds like that can be so damaging, so I hope that if you're reading this, you were safe too.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces Cath. I like the addition of the blue fungi and the frosting on the JQ leaves looks good.

    Glad that you weathered the storm, it passed us by again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I framed them up today, and they're now in our local gallery for the Christmas exhibition that starts on Friday. Not the journal quilt ofcourse, I keep those and I have well over 60 now!!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!