A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 29 June 2012

Tropical Leaves. July JQ.


My Journal Quilt for July, inspired by the photos below that I took in New Zealand a couple of years ago. Why not in shades of green you may ask? Well, the four Jq's for May through to August have to be in shades of yellow, with up to 25% of any other colour. I guess there's a fair amount of black, plus some very subtle green shades on the bottom right.



These were from the the North Island, Whangarei to be exact where my daughter lives, and is semi tropical. I can't wait to go back for another visit!

I'll hopefully be back soon with some photos from the Cas Holmes workshop that I'm looking forward to attending tomorrow, just as long as I don't get lost on the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!