A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilee Fun and Carshalton Ponds,



We have a delightful park with ponds in Carshalton, so when I was asked by our local gallery to try and produce a textile piece depicting an area of Surrey, our local Carshalton Ponds seemed to fit the bill! It's in my mixed media style with the spirals and painted spots, and lots of free motion machine quilting. During the Jubilee celebrations, some beautifully knitted ducks appeared overnight tied to the railings. Read about it here
.


 My sister Rowan and myself in Battersea Park on Sunday, waiting to watch the River Pageant on the Thames. This was taken before it got too crowded.



The park beginning to really fill up, this was taken near The Pagoda.


The Royal Barge on the opposite side of the Thames waiting for the Royal Party to arrive.


As we were leaving the park, my sister took this photo of me standing with this sculpture, Three standing figures by Henry Moore,  He made it in 1947, so we four are almost the same age!!! Hee hee, I think they've managed to keep themselves in better shape than 'moi'

Thanks for stopping by, until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day and that's a great image of you Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Carshalton Ponds piece. Great photo of you with the statues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda and Maggi, I hopr you both enjoyed the Jubilee celebrations too, despite the weather!

      Delete
  3. What fun, you got a good spot for viewing. Love the photo of the 4 of u!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!