Still playing around with some of my mount board relief plates. After making a print, (see below), I made a rubbing (above), with some graphite onto a piece of watercolour paper that I had previously painted. It turned out quite well, so I then added more paint to the bird and leaves.
I'm still trying to make some prints from mountboard, and below is another attempt with pears hanging from a branch.
I think the more successful plates so far are from the relief technique, which is where I cut out the shapes from card and then stick them onto another sheet of board. I get confused about what to call all these techniques, but really they are a combination of relief, collagraph or intaglio. I'm looking forward to starting my 'printing classes', which start at the end of this month.
I'm hoping to use some of these ideas on cloth soon, and to then add stitch. Thanks for reading and have a good week.