A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 21 September 2015

Works in Progress for Autumn



Rag paper, paint, machine and hand stitch.



Cloth, applique, paint, machine and hand stitch.


Rag paper, applique, paint, machine and hand stitch.


And finally, cloth, applique, paint, and lots of machine stitch.

These are all works in progress, some are more experimental, more to come, hopefully!


10 comments:

  1. Rag paper is, in my opinion, immensely satisfying to work with. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy working with it too, although one of the pieces has become a little fragile with so much heavy stitching, so I'll have to think of a remedy for this!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! They are all inspiring, but the first one attracts me the most. I like the way you use painting, hand and machine stitching etc. And then also all the different materials! But the result is not a mess, but a beautiful picture!
    I have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjolein, I suppose that some of what I do is more mixed media, rather than just textile, but I do enjoy combining paint, paper, stitch and cloth.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new pieces Cath! That woodland reminds me of a beautiful Gustav Klimt print I have in my dining room, I'm sure you know the one I mean. Trees at this time of the year are wonderfully inspirational. I love the stitched textures on the trunks, fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Morag, and since putting up this post, I have made another woodland view that is definitely inspired by Klimt. I love his woodland paintings too, I expect I'll be adding mine soon, so watch this space.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!