A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 13 September 2015

Prints and Rubbings.


Still playing around with some of my mount board relief plates. After making a print, (see below), I made a rubbing (above), with some graphite onto a piece of watercolour paper that I had previously painted. It turned out quite well, so I then added more paint to the bird and leaves.


I'm still trying to make some prints from mountboard, and below is another attempt with pears hanging from a branch. 


I think the more successful plates so far are from the relief technique, which is where I cut out the shapes from card and then stick them onto another sheet of board. I get confused about what to call all these techniques, but really they are a combination of relief, collagraph or intaglio. I'm looking forward to starting my 'printing classes', which start at the end of this month.

I'm hoping to use some of these ideas on cloth soon, and to then add stitch. Thanks for reading and have a good week.





3 comments:

  1. The pear print turned out beautifully, I love how you develop your ideas, it's wonderful following your train of thought! How do you cut the card? it must be very tricky to get such detail in your relief prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morag, I use a scalpel, or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the prints Cath and I look forward to seeing what you will be doing on your printing classes. Are they live or online?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!