A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 1 October 2015

Nature's Totem.


Another finished textile that I stitched today. I made a monoprint first onto some calico, hand coloured it, and then thread painted the whole surface. You can read more details on the inspiration and process here.

It seems daft to repeat myself after writing the process up on my FB page, so I hope you will forgive me for redirecting, Thanks for looking in!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not on Facebook so the link didn't seem to work for me. Nomatter it is still a beautiful stitched piece. I like the idea of monoprinting onto the fabric first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thanks for letting me know Morag, I have just assumed that the link would work for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!