Experimenting with my phone camera, I was trying to isolate smaller areas from some images in my sketchbook. I then decided it might be fun to see what results I could get from playing around with the effects button. This is what happened when I tried the 'negative' effect! In my opinion, a rather 'positive' outcome! Either a stormy scene, or a night time image.....or maybe a sea fog rolling in!
The same experiment on this image, which is a section from the sketchbook page below. This was also part of an experiment in itself. I had previously cut random shapes from a magazine, stuck them down onto some A4 paper, coloured in the area of white paper around the shapes, turned over the paper, cut it up and then re-stuck the sections into my sketchbook. This particular fragment caught my eye, and I have in fact made a small textile piece from it. I decided to use it as the inspiration for one of my journal quilts later in the year, so cannot show it just yet.
You may recognise the section from the sketch above which I used to make my June journal quilt.See my previous post below, but again, the negative effect has totally changed the mood of the sketch.
Sketchbook page with experimental work.
Section of a watercolour sketch which I may use for a textile piece.
Negative effect of a feather print I tried using bleach over watercolour paint in my sketchbook.
A small section of a watercolour wax crayon sketch I made of trees and flowers.
Another very small section from a watercolour crayon sketch, and changed with the use of the negative effect again. I like the texture that 'zooming in' has given it.
It seems to me that there is still more mileage to be had in what I produce in my sketchbook, thanks to the technology available in my modest little phone camera. Lots of fun, and even more inspiration for future work.
Wishing you all lots of fun too in your creativity, and thanks for stopping by.