A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 2 July 2018

My garden flowers


So very hot here in the UK at the moment, and too hot for me to do much except to sit quietly with my paints. However, the garden has been a real delight, as long as I keep it watered, which may become difficult in coming days if this heatwave continues!


Having taken some good photos, I have been able to sit indoors in the cool, capturing the array of colours and textures.


One long strip of paper, which I have then divided into four sections, and folded to create a concertina book.



This way of  displaying artwork I find easy and quite successful. It is also a good way of recording gardens, landscapes etc., and can easily be tucked into a sketchbook when it has fulfilled it's role as a display piece.


Phew, we don't seem to be as prepared as some parts of the world for higher temperatures, so if you're reading this from the UK, I hope you are able to keep cool while our land bakes under this midsummer's sun, and thanks for joining me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!