A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Mixing the old with the new.



My close-up photo of the top of the pier. I like the diamond shapes, so thought I would play around with them, and cut out a panel from black paper. I placed the stencil over various backgrounds, one of which is below. The pieces that were left over after the cutting, I painted with some white acrylic, and outlined, layering some of them, and then placed them onto various backgrounds that I have created in the past. They now remind me a bit of standing stones! Good fun to play around like this.







My pier photo above, and a drawing in black ink below.



I made a couple of stencils from that photo, and again have played around by placing them onto various backgrounds.







Still not sure where any of this is going, but it is fun to play with ideas, and using some older bits and pieces of artwork adds to that fun. Never throw anything out, you never know when it may come in useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!