A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 5 January 2017

Photopainting!



Our small art group have decided to set ourselves the challenge of taking a photo every week this year, then printing it out and sticking it into a concertina book. Hopefully by the end of 2017, we will all have a book containing 52 wonderful photographs!! Taking good, exciting pictures is not my forte, so I am hoping that playing around with my efforts to produce something a bit more unusual will be acceptable. Below you will see how my original photo of Eastbourne Pier, has developed into the image above. I have also included below some other ideas I have played around with, mainly combining my printed image with paint.


I am particularly attracted to the shapes of the towers, so have decided to concentrate on the top half of the structure.



I think that by cropping off the bottom half of the structure, and adding my own ideas has given the top half a more surreal feel.




Eventually, I am hoping to use one of the images for a mixed media piece which will include fabric and stitch. A positive and fun project for the New Year, and something I am looking forward to incorporating into my textile work.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you will be happy to join me again next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!