A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 22 January 2017

Sketch book pages and some photography.


A combination of sketchbook images and photography. Suddenly there appears to be a roller coaster on the pier!


Playing around with collage, photography and monoprinting.


Working into some mono printed sketchbook pages.



Secondly, my fascination with Eastbourne Pier, and photographing it in different weather conditions and light, and from different directions.


Even high and low tide can make a difference to how much is visible from underneath.


Above and below, the metal supports look quite lace-like. I took these last two today, it was a very bright sunny afternoon, but with a slight haze, and because I took them looking into the sun, the pier was more of a silhouette rather than showing any detail.


I seem to be collecting ideas and inspiration at the moment, rather than making finished pieces. I am finding so much to inspire me since moving to the coast, and I think it all needs to be left to simmer on the back burner for a while, and hopefully at some point, I will see a clearer idea of the direction I want to go in when it comes to start some serious work.

Thanks for your patience and interest in my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!