A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Fun and smiles with paint and paper.



What to do on the shortest, cold, wet and very dull grey day? Well, get out the paints and paper ofcourse!


I rollered, stamped, scraped and brushed paint onto some heavy cartridge paper. No idea where it was going, but I just needed to make a start at least, so decided to have fun without any pressure.


While looking for something interesting to collage with, I came across a sheet of funny little bird sketches that I must have doodled when I was trying to come up with an idea for something, so I just tore them out, stuck them down and gave them a quick wash of paint. They made me smile, so at least a positive result in one way at least.



My dragonfly prints on cotton have now been given a background of stitch and paint, some glitter glue, and two will become postcards, the third one below an ATC.



Just a bit of stitch to be added on the last one.
Well, I will also take this opportunity to wish all of my fellow Bloggers, and visitors a very Happy Christmas, and a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year.
See you in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!