A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 9 April 2016

A TROPICAL Green Man!



I've added a few more elements to my 'GREEN' themed altered book. Having printed off some photos of my green lady, (my daughter), I decided that as we're coming up to May Day, I needed to add my version of a green man. I printed off a couple of photos that I took in New Zealand, lovely lush green ferns amongst them, and cut them to the rough shape of a bearded head. The eyes and nose were cut from plain paper that I painted and stuck on top.


The version of my green lady above has been printed onto canvas, which I stitched into, but as it looked wrong, I cut out the middle and added another unstitched piece. I think the leaves showing through give enough detail. The one below is just a copy on paper, but I did work into it with some inktense pencils, as you see from around the edges where I have carried the image onto the page.



My 'Tree on Epsom Downs' photo has also been manipulated, and I have cut around the shape and stuck it down onto one of the pages, adding some gelli printed fabric above it. 

Green tea, and mint tea below are being poured from some teapots that I had stamped onto fabric some time ago. These two were going spare, but fit perfectly into this green theme.



Finally, these parrot tulips have been just glorious, and although the petals are curling and dying, I'm still seeing a lot of beauty in them. Maybe something to inspire a watercolour at some point in the future.

Thanks for joining me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!