A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 27 March 2014

Useful Little Fabric Scraps!


Yes, two of the above are the same from my last post, but I've added some colour to them after all! I decided they were a bit too bland, and have added some colour with my Karisma pencils.


Not sure if you can still buy Karisma pencils, such a shame as they can be used heavily for really dense colour, and also blend really well. Prismacolour may be similar, but I've not tried them.


These two, above and below have been made from some small scraps of fabric that I've kept. After forming them around my piece of felt covered rigid plastic, I've added a few beads for embellishment. So simple and quick to make, little stocking fillers to put away for friends and family at Christmas!


I always knew those little fabric scraps would come in useful one day!



8 comments:

  1. These are great,,, love the bluebell one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Cath, great idea and as you say simple which I also love. Is it OK to 'steal' your idea???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do Jan. I don't consider it stealing, I think we all take ideas from others, and put our own 'stamp' on it. I will look forward to seeing how yours turn out.

      Delete
  3. oooh lovely Cath - do I recognise some fabric from Kuai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill, Yup....you're right, crikey you've got a good memory!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Cath. Just how small are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggi, they are approx 2 1/2" x 1 1/2". Pleased you like them! I've taken them round to our local gift shop, I'm hoping they may have sold a couple for Mother's Day.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!