A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 5 April 2014

Night and Day, or Many Moons?


Sometimes, trying to name a piece of work is harder than actually making it! I didn't have any plans when I started these, I just wanted to play around with some fabric that I had dyed and printed a couple of years ago.


They remind me of outer space, day and night, light and dark, moons, suns and planets etc. I just decided to travel with them to see where we ended up!


And when I put them side by side, they seemed to flow into one another. I'm not sure what to do about that, I don't want to join them, but maybe they could be framed in such a way that they make a pair.


Finally for this post, is my April Journal Quilt. A couple of posts ago I included some photos of the zentangles I had been playing around with. Well, I decided that they fitted in with my black, white and red theme, so printed this one onto some canvas, quilted along the black outlines, and machine couched the red knitting wool. Now I have to decide whether to continue this black, white and red theme for my next four JQ's, or to do something different. Hmmmmm decisions decisions!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the first pieces and they do go so well together. You could always do what some of the abstract artists did and call it Untitled. The jq is very effective too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Maggi, I could call them Untitled 1, and Untitled 2!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!