A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 24 March 2014

Black thread drawing!


Bluebells and a butterfly.


Two more brooches. This time I decided to use my favourite technique of free machine stitching, or as I like to call it 'drawing' with my machine needle! Both stitched/drawn in black thread on scraps of cotton fabric that I had previously painted with acrylic paint. I think I prefer these simpler styles to the hand stitched brooches in my previous post.

4 comments:

  1. Both types of brooch has its own intrinsic attraction but I do like the simplicity of the black outline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I've decided to add some colour after all, after a couple of days, I thought they were a bit bland!

      Delete
  2. I like these,,, must try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, they really are easy to make, and quite quick too, just how I like it!!!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!