A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 16 January 2013

A January jumble!


This is my second piece inspired by the photograph taken in my nephews barn. Reflected sunlight through a polythene sheet, tacked over the window spaces. I made the first one below in paper and silk for a challenge, but it was sold in a local gallery! I decided to re-make it, but this time in cloth and above is the result. What do you think?


Below is one of the heart pieces I'm making to celebrate Valentines day. This and another, along with some cards will be on sale in the Corner Gallery, Carshalton Beeches.

The February issue of Popular Patchwork has an article about the CQ@10 Cornish tin mine challenge that I took part in last year. I was thrilled to find that they have included my quilt in their article. Fame at last eh?!!




I hope you are all keeping warm during this cold snap, and I must say that it's during weather like this that I am so pleased to be using one of my lap quilts over my legs. Very snug!

6 comments:

  1. I think the barn window has translated even better in fabric than paper. A lovely piece. Nice heart and congrats on the CQ@10 article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I'm keeping this piece for the challenge, and I have to admit that as I'm quite fond of it I'm going to keep it for myself too!

      Delete
  2. I also think it's even better. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy

    good to touch base with your blog again. Good to see your article in popular patchwork. I have a new blog about ideas www.magpieofthemind.blogspot.com
    cas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comment Cas, and I will look forward to having a look at your new blog. It was great seeing all your lovely work at FOQ's and at Ally Pally too. I will hopefully be at one of your workshops next November with the ConText group. Can't wait!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!