A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Feeling rather 'David Hockney'ish!!'


Tulips for Emily. I bought these beautiful tulips just after Christmas, and said to my husband that I would sketch them on my new 'tablet' for our daughter in New Zealand. This was the result, and I have to say I was rather pleased with it! I have also printed off a copy for her onto some lovely rag paper, and it will be in the post very soon.


These daisies were from my imagination, but as you can probably see, I was still getting used to the Sketchbook Pro app.


One of my first attempts, and somehow I've managed to capture the 'extra accessories ' top and bottom!!



Our cat Elsa, sitting on the arm of my chair with her back to me! Maybe I should have asked her permission first!



One of our armchairs, and that same vase of tulips, but in an imaginary room with a sea view. I wonder what I was dreaming of eh? Wishful thinking maybe!


And the actual vase of inspirational tulips, but taken with my new camera phone using the posterise effect..


I've been having lots of fun since Christmas, experimenting with my new toys, but now I need to get back to business! I'm looking forward to getting back to my sewing machine, and some needle and thread. It is good to have a break and some fun, it seems to re-charge the batteries. I hope mine have been re-charged, and I hope yours have too.







13 comments:

  1. Cath..............................What can i say except carry on doodling, they are GREAT! Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cath you are so talented not only with sewing but with drawing too!! - amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rowan and Amy, wow, you were both quick off the mark! I've really enjoyed the doodling, but somehow I think it could become rather addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tulips Cath. You are so talented. Wishing you a very happy, creative and inspirational 2013

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cath great work and just what I needed to see right now. I have just got my Samsung Galaxy note today but haven't got beyond the looking at it stage!!! As I missed out on laptops this is going to be a big learning curve....may be asking you for advice. Keep up these accomplished doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous Cath.... Emily's going to love her tulips on rag paper!
    Keep taking the tablet!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the camera phone pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, you have all been so encouraging. I will look forward to chatting to you about our new 'Tablets' on the 26th Karen, I'll bring mine along with me. Yes Sue, these tablets are definitely worth taking, no other 'high' like it!! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful works of art. Very well accomplished as well. Keep working at them and keep publishing them. John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you John, and it's positive feedback like this that encourages me to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Cath those are fantastic!!!
    I did some on the iphone last year on holiday. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa, did you put them on your blog? I would love to see them.

      Delete
  12. I love your work here mum, especially the book wrap. I love the tree stitching and also leaf printing. I also like your imaginery room! I could quite happily go and sit in there myself! And of course my tulips are FANTASTIC! thankyou! x x x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!