A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Mixed Vases in Red and Blue.


Mixed Vase in Red



Mixed Vase in Blue

Thought I'd make a little something for a friend's 'special' birthday in a couple of weeks. I did the blue one first, but wasn't too sure about it so made another in red! I think it will be the red for my friend. I've used more paint than usual on these as well, but I quite enjoyed the process, and like the effect.

5 comments:

  1. Now I prefer the blue Cath. Its all about different taste though, not cos one is better than t'other. I like it cos its more muted. Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely in their own way. I like the more informal look of the blue one but the red one highlights the floral arrangement well. I'm sure that either one would be appreciated by your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowan and Maggi, now I'm undecided! Maybe I'll have to give her the choice.....but I still won't know which one to wrap!! Oh dear, decisions decisions!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention on 'Blogs I enjoy' :) Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous Cath. I think it'd be a good idea to let her choose.
    Or maybe do a 3rd one (joking)

    PS can I be your friend?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!