A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 8 October 2011

October JQ, The lost Button!

  

For the next four Journal Quilts a button, or buttons has to be incorporated somewhere. I decided to use a photograph that I took last year of a rusty drain cover as my inspiration. It was partially covered by gritty soil and bits of dried grass, so lots of texture for me to play around with! I used self dyed wadding for the base, and other self dyed fabrics. I trapped bits of snipped wool under a sheer, and then used hand and free motion machine stitch to complete the surface. There is a button, half hidden under some of the gritty soil, it obviously fell from someones cuff or shirt front!!

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic and I can't even see the button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, the button is half hidden in the top right corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours in this are fantastic Cath, and I even spotted the button peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. l spotted the button but am so in love with this piece..just gorgeousxx
    ps. please note cath my masin blog is now http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com
    Thanksx lynda

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!