A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 1 October 2011

Nothing like colour to cheer the soul!




Nothing like a bit of colour to brighten up ones mood! I've also had my hair dyed a rather bright shade of auburn.....gorgeous. Because I've had a break from my textile art for the past six weeks while my daughter and grandson were visiting, I thought I'd cheer myself up by playing with all the scraps I had, no matter what the colour. This is the result....oh, and I've also added some dots and spots in white and dark grey paint.


This is the finished art quilt inspired by a moths wing that I showed a small part of a few weeks ago. Partly paper lamination, hand dyed fabric, and an old grey scarf, finished off with lots of free motion machine stitch.
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Love both your pieces Cath. The first one reminds me of Oz art, it's gorgeous. I remember your moth picture and you've captured the colours and delicateness just perfectly with your second piece. Irene B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, I really love your first piece. Nice and colourful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath the first piece is a stunner, love it.
    I hope you had a great time with your familiy,

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first piece. Now what about a photo of the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely cheers my soul! Thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The moth's wing piece is beautiful, such gorgeous muted colours. I love the contrast of the other piece that is so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous and l just love colour. I too just dyed my hair red!!!There must be something in the air!xx Hope you had fun with the familyxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!