A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Moths Wings and Lobster Pots

A section from an art quilt that I'm working on. It isn't finished yet, so I'm only showing small areas to give a flavour of what it's all about. Again, this is inspired by a moths wing, and this time I've used the paper lamination technique. Below are two more images.

Finally, below is the finished article from a previous piece of work that I posted about in July. It was from a photo that I manipulated in photoshop that I took on Ferring beach. My daughter has taken a shine to it, so I've finished it off by quilting in some ripples and reflections, to make it appear as though the lobster pot, rope and pebbles are under water. Hope you still like it Emily!!



3 comments:

  1. I really like the colours in the moth piece Cath and the quilting is terrific. No wonder Emily wants the lobster pot, it is definitely under water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous work! I truly admire your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Emily!
    I like the moth wing inspired one. The intricate pattern reminds me of an aerial view of landscape.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!