A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 6 August 2010

The fourth, and last of the Hundertwasser inspired JQ's. This one is also applique but I've heavily satin stitched in white between the pieces to give the mosaic effect. I've free machine quilted three different leaf shapes, and an insect on four of the areas. I've enjoyed making these four little quilts, and now have to decide a theme for the last four months of 2010. Not too sure yet what I'm going to do but I'm working on it. I would also like to take part in the new CQGB challenge for 2011. The theme for this is to produce an A3 sized quilt called "Childhood Memories". I'm actually finding this quite difficult, but I think I may have the germ of an idea beginning to form, so another autumn project in the pipeline.

1 comment:

  1. I like the use of satin stitching to create the mosaic effect. Look forward to seeing what your next theme will be. Good luck with the childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!