A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 22 August 2010

Meeting other Artists

Today I had the pleasure of sharing "a selling space" with Oliver Lett, a very talented young artist. He paints funky dogs, cats and London Scenes, and is also awaiting the publication of a new childrens' book that he has illustrated. Visit his website http://www.oliverlett.co.uk/  We were at a the Epsom Downs Trainers Day at the invitation of Jackie Kahn, the owner of the Corner Gallery in Carshalton Beeches, Surrey. Both myself and Ollie have exhibited very successfully at Jackie's gallery, but it was good to take our art out to the masses for a change.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely display Cath. I hope it was a successful day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you! I must start one of these, Ollie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggi, yes it was very enjoyable and I met some lovely people.

    Ollie, yes you must do one of these, your work is fabulous, I hear jackie sold another one of your prints today!! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun!
    Go for it Ollie!
    See you both down the Corner Gallery sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!