A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 30 July 2010

Here is the finished article from the piece I started at the weekend. I have to say that it hasn't really lived up to my expectations, not sure what the problem is, but maybe I'll put it away for a week or two, then have another look and maybe re-consider whether to make any changes. I suppose that when  we decide to experiment with something, with no real idea of what we want the outcome to be, we're taking a risk! Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. The main thing is to have fun though, and to be honest, I'm not sure what else I could have used this fabric for anyway, so there we go!!
Well, I've made a few changes to try and improve things, it is better, still not as I'd hoped, but that is definitely it now, no more messing about. I took Maggi's advice and tried some darker values at the top, and some lighter ones in the distance. It has certainly helped, so thanks Maggi, a fresh eye can often see what is needed.

2 comments:

  1. I rather like this, Cath. Very clever!! It would look good in a frame.
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vibrant colours. Have you considered varying the value at the top?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!