Some of my Gelli printed sheets, (see my previous post) I used yesterday and today to produce these small stitched pieces. Above is one that uses two contrasting sheets, torn in half and put together and stitched to produce a sort of abstract flowery themed image with butterflies. I could see large dark blue flower heads on one sheet, and the stalks on another. The stitching was used to fuse them together visually.
Then I decided to cut up another sheet into butterfly wings, and stitch it down onto one of the lighter sheets that had plant and leaf impressions printed onto it. This one is postcard size.
I haven't made any paper cloth for a while, so several more sheets were torn into smaller pieces, and layered onto some fine cheesecloth with other scraps of tissue paper and old wrapping paper. It was all glued down with watered down PVA and left to dry.
It may be hard to believe, but these three postcard size images, have been made from the paper cloth. I cut some of it up, and then continued to print the surfaces over with yet more paint, using a variety of stamps, leaves and other textured bits and pieces. The stitching is quite random in places, but I just decided to accentuate certain areas.
Finally, the images in blue which are below, were made on watercolour paper with acrylic paint, using the Gelli plate again. There are quite a few layers of paint, but I just kept going until I felt reasonably happy with the results. I quite like the different shapes and colours that are peeping through from the final print. No stitching on these, I think they are better left as you see them here.
I'm pleased to say that I am thoroughly enjoying getting back into my art again, it's still a bit of an uphill struggle, but the momentum seems to be returning, and that has to be good!