A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 30 May 2016

Messy Monday!


What a messy worker I am, but at least it proves that I've been trying to get back into doing some creative stuff again.


Ahem! Not a very tidy table top either, this was the state it got into after just a short while, so no wonder my hands got covered in paint too.


I started by making some stencils from some thin plastic sheets. As you will see when you scroll down, the favourite seemed to be the one on the bottom right with the holes.


I used my Gelli plate to print with, and used the stencils I'd cut with some leaves from the garden, a feather, and a few other bits and pieces from my stash.



I worked on copy paper, cloth and some white tags.





Leaves and bits from the garden always seem to give good results.






After I had finished, I just had to take a photo of the leaves and garden bits, as they looked quite pretty all covered in blue paint!


One sheet has already come in useful to cover one of my sketchbooks. My latest quick sketch of the roof tops I can see from the upstairs window where I make all this lovely mess!


Well, I have enjoyed my holiday Monday having fun with paper, paint, leaves and my Gelli plate, so I hope those of you reading this, have also enjoyed your day wherever you may be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!