A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Journal quilt for May 2011

The last of my aboriginal art inspired Journal quilts. I used a cotton and silk mixed fabric that I had previously mono printed. Different areas were then painted in a variety of coloured silk paints, and then embellished with white acrylic painted dots. The blue butterfly has been appliqued onto the background, with further appliqued decoration, free motion machine stitching and more white acrylic paint. I have really enjoyed this technique, and am planning something similar, but on a larger scale. These four JQ's all measure 10"x10". Now I have to start planning my next four for June, July, August and September, and they all have to contain some text. Mmmmmm, I have an idea already, and my last post may be a clue to what that is going to be!

3 comments:

  1. this is very pretty.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Cath! The background works well at complementing the butterfly and making it come forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Cath, the butterfly stands out really well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!