A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 13 May 2011

Sampling an idea.

This started out as a sample to try and decide what to do with some fabric I have dyed and dischared, (apart from the black ovals). I still have the majority of it left, but having made this piece, I'm not sure I want to repeat myself. This has turned out to be a bit more substantial than I intended, although it isn't quite finished as yet. I may do some more quilting on the background, and I still haven't decided how to finish off the edges yet. It reminds me of an African design, and also a bit zebra-ish!!

1 comment:

  1. I like this piece Cath and you are right, it does have a very African feel.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!